Summer 2018 arrived here with a bang, earlier and hotter then I expected, leaving me with a dire need of updating my summer wardrobe. In the summer, I live in dresses and skirts, I LOVE summer dresses. I have to say summer 018 fashion trends match my personal preferences so much, that I had the easiest time finding great items. My favorite trends of this season – Pastels ( make me feel cooler in this heat), Bold colors (because a girl likes to stand out every now and then), Ruffles and Floral patterns ( I am a romance writer after all, need I say more?).
I found myself on a mission this week of finding dresses that can work with my daily routine and that keep up with the fashion trends.
The dresses I wear need to fit my lifestyle – I am a mom, I work from home and occasionally I have office meetings.
I have a few rules of the thumb I keep when it comes to my everyday and summer look:
- The clothes must be practical, easy to wear and comfortable.
- I live in a very warm and dry climate so I need my clothes to be light, skimming the body and not clinging to it.
- I like to keep my shopping to a reasonable budget, I rarely spend over 50$ on a dress when it’s not for a special event.
- It needs to be fun!
- Dress length – I like short dresses but at a limit – I keep the length to a minimum of 35′ (89 centimeters).
After the long intro let’s move on to my favorite dresses. Some of these links are affiliated (which means I would be compensated if you visit them with no cost to you), some are not, these are just a few of the sites I shop at. (Click the picture for the links and more info on each item)
- The casual dress – for running around with the kids, for working from home days:
This whole look is very representative of my everyday summer look, it keeps to the floral and ruffles sleeves trends, it’s easy and fun to wear, short but not too short, and I have a few of these type of slip-on sandals. this is what I mostly look like on my extra casual days.
- The everything I love dress – romantic, fun light, flattering (I swear by wrap dresses) it pastel it’s floral, it has ruffles This brand has many of my favorite dresses for this season.
- The office day dress – for the less casual days when I have meetings, I like bolder colors and cleaner silhouette (but without being stiff or clingy). This dress is a great choice for me, bold color, a little whimsical and sweet but work appropriate. This kind of look I pair with a flat ballet shoe in a nude color:
- The casual elegance dress – another type of dress I love (as I said wrap dresses are everything) is this – clean, easy to wear, it has a simple elegance to it and its pastel blush color is one of my favorite colors. I like the fact that it works for a casual day and for work meetings too.
- The weekend look – light, short, fun and floral.
I love Oasis, and the color combo here is perfect for me, and like you can see in the pictures I love to pair it with a denim jacket when we are in air-conditioned spaces ( I always have one thrown in my bag when I go out, I tend to get cold).
That’s it for this week, what is your favorite summer trend? would love to hear from you.
Happy Summer to us all.